March 6, 2009

21st century headache.

yesterday, i gave my mom a texting lesson.

before i left for school a couple years ago, i left a detailed two page manual on how to function the dvd player. now momma z, after an afternoon of thai food, is up to date with the american youth and texting. congrats.

after a week of no good very bad events, i went to my college academic advising office to help suit out my fate. i was patiently waiting with my guilty obsession, the crossword puzzle. the slue of other folkz also waiting were all texting away on their mobile devices. is this what the world has come to? more connected with the technology then with the moment at hand... i thought that was a nice break to read the paper, people watch and obsess over a too challenging puzzle. boggling, really.

mobile phones, wave of the future?

i talked with my older bro, big z, the other day when he informed me that he would be no longer contactable on his mobile phone. he informed me that cell phones cause brain tumors. his celluar device is now a pager, where i can leave him messages and diligently await his reply.



what a 21st century headache. im going back to the rotary phone. does that give you cancer? can you text on a rotary phone? will i fall over the social map if i give up my second hand mobile?

headache earthquake.

No comments: