March 11, 2009

nesting.

i know i've already blogged about this, but some things deserve some revisiting.

herzog and de mueron's bird's nest is one of the most beautiful structures i have ever seen in my entire life. while most monuments actualize from inspiration found in the natural environment- the synthesis of outside world and the constructed as never so masterfully been projected in physical space like this monument to international society and sport.



it hits a chord. a birds nest is a home, carefully constructed from twigs, hair clipping and other organic matter found in ranging places. im building my own birds nest lately, trying to piece together little bits of things that compliment and enhance my life- drawn from all sources to form a cozy place that is familiar, while still a place to grow. all birds take flight eventually and build new nests.



my wasabi nest does me good.

No comments: